The BRC Recovery Continuum of Care
We know that the longer a person is in a structured recovery program, the stronger chance they have of experiencing lasting sobriety. Our three-phase programs occurs over 15 months:
- 90-day Primary Treatment Program
- 90-day Transitional Living Program
- 12-month Aftercare Monitoring Program
Primary Treatment Program
Recovery requires a total transformation, which requires a holistic approach that includes clinical services, health and self-care, life skills training and fitness. BRC Recovery clients reside in gender-specific communities; engage in 12-Step meetings; participate in evidenced-based clinical therapies, including individual and group counseling; improve the mind, body, spirit connection through meditation, yoga, nutrition and cooking classes; acquire the life skills necessary for a successful, fulfilling life after treatment; and exercise daily.
Transitional Living Program
The transition from primary treatment back into “the real world” can be a bit of a shock. BRC Recovery’s Transitional Living Program is a smart next step for our clients because it offers an environment where clients can safely transition into a life of sobriety.
This gender-specific program is designed to build accountability and autonomy in a community-driven atmosphere. Clients participate in group prayer, meditation and house meetings.
Men and women live in company owned and operated, gender specific, high accountability homes and graduate style apartments in communities throughout Austin, Texas. Our transitional residences are monitored 24/7 by a designated community manager.
We offer three levels of Transitional Living:
- High-Accountability Sober Living: An environment with high levels of structure and oversight.
- Traditional Sober Living: Residents experience more independence and earn privileges through action.
- Graduate Style Apartments: Our most independent transitional residence monitored by a community manager.
Aftercare Monitoring Program
Treatment is a lot of work, but the real work begins when you leave primary treatment. Of course, we know the significance of continued support in recovery, which is why we created our 12-month Aftercare Monitoring Program: Segue Recovery Support. Just like our Primary Treatment and Transitional Living Programs, Segue is a holistic approach to aftercare that is divided into four distinct phases designed to help individuals in early recovery navigate through their first year of sobriety.
Each client is assigned a Peer Recovery Support Specialist who serves as a recovery coach and case manager for both client and family, helping to ease the transition from treatment to a sober lifestyle. Our Peer Recovery Support Specialists are highly trained and experienced, able to identify dangerous relapse behaviors long before relapse occurs; create documentation of abstinence; and assist in connecting clients with local resources, such as 12-Step meetings, licensed therapists and other vital recovery support services.
About Our Programs
BRC Recovery offers uniquely structured services that enrich the experiences of our clients and ensure adequate personal attention that addresses each client’s needs. Highlights of our primary programs include:
- Gender-specific construct. We believe gender-specific programming is essential to getting sober, especially in the early recovery process. Our men’s and women’s treatment programs are entirely separate. Each has its own accommodations for eating, sleeping and relaxing, as well as male and female recovery managers and support staff who work in their respective programs.
- High staff-to-client ratio. We limit the number of clients in our programs so that each person has a high-quality, profoundly beneficial experience. Ample staff enables us to create a highly supportive and healthy atmosphere that fosters accountability, which has proven to be extremely effective. Plus, many members of our staff are in 12 Step recovery…we “walk the walk” not just “talk the talk”, which enhances our relationships and understanding of one another.
- Fun, revitalizing group outings. Clients appreciate the location of BRC Recovery in the beautiful Texas countryside just 10 miles east of Austin. We take advantage of both our peaceful, bucolic setting and proximity to Austin by planning a variety of outings for our clients, from hiking to cultural events in the city.
- Affiliations with medical professionals. We have established relationships with local health care practitioners, dentists and psychiatrists, all of whom are available to our clients should their services be required.
- A curriculum that cultivates a meaningful life. Each client’s stay is filled with enlightening discussions and practical learning that truly changes lives. Engaging dialogue is our preferred method of instruction. We use a time-tested, personalized approach to teach our clients the life skills necessary to function successfully in today’s world.