Communication with Your Creator
Weekly Focal Point
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.”
Spiritual Practices & Development Series
*Communication with your Creator*
In the program of recovery, we learn various tools for developing our spirits and they all take much practice and dedication. Over time these practices cultivate a relationship with a Power Greater than ourselves. Discipline is the name of the game for us and we have much more success when we remember that recovery from family addiction is a journey rather than a destination. Can I take a few considerations into practical application this week and be vigilant in watching the steady results I receive?
3 C’s of Al-Anon
- We didn’t CAUSE it
- We can’t CONTROL it
- We can’t CURE it
AND WE WON’T CONTRIBUTE TO IT TODAY
Considerations to Practice This Week
- Spend five minutes each morning being quiet with my Creator, do the same each evening.
- Write two things down each day that I am truly grateful for, big or small.
- Pause before speaking when I am uncertain of my words or feeling an emotional response on my lips.
- Reviewing my day each night in an effort to see where I could improve with the help of my Higher Power.
- Search out one new person or situation to pray for each day.