Recovery is one of the most rewarding endeavors you’ll ever undertake – one with benefits that last a lifetime. It’s also something you need to work at every day. Whether you’re newly sober or have been in recovery for decades, everyone needs a little inspiration from time to time. We’ve compiled a few of our favorite motivational quotes below. The team at BRC Recovery invites you to revisit this list when you’re feeling tired, stressed, or overwhelmed.
25 INSPIRATIONAL ADDICTION RECOVERY QUOTES
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn’t end there.” – Bucky Sinister
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “I got sober. I stopped killing myself with alcohol. I began to think: ‘Wait a minute. If I can stop doing this, what are the possibilities?’ And slowly it dawned on me that it was maybe worth the risk.” – Craig Ferguson
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “We honor ourselves when we speak out for recovery. We show the world that recovery matters because it brings hope and peace into the lives of individuals and their loved ones.” – Beth Wilson
- “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I think that the power is in the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “No matter how dark the night may get, your light will never burn out.” – Jeanette LeBlanc
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
- “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.” – Demi Lovato
- “Rising from the ashes, I am born again, powerful, exultant, majestic through all the pain.” – Shannon Perry
- “Sometimes you’ve just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr. Phil McGraw
- “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
- “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life.” –Brené Brown
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
- “Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Cherríe L. Morga
- “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep walking.” – Buddhist Proverb
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
SUPPORTING YOUR RECOVERY
The initial year after completing a treatment program is a crucial time for many people. Personalized aftercare can make all the difference in building recovery that lasts a lifetime. BRC Recovery’s comprehensive approach bridges the gap from treatment to independence, and our programs center around coaching, accountability, and family. If you or a loved one could benefit from additional support, wherever you are in your recovery journey, you can reach out to our team by calling us. We look forward to hearing from you.