“BRC Recovery is the place where I learned who I was and what I had been hiding from all my life. If I had gone somewhere else I’d be drinking right now. The staff all knows what they are doing and they have all been where I have been. This place saved my life.”
With the knowledge of having worked in addiction treatment centers and other drug rehab facilities, we know that it is a rare event if a client actually works through all of the 12 Steps during their addiction or other 12 Step treatment stay. If you are simply given a Big Book and told about addiction rehab then the chances are you will not follow through on your own.
This is where a three month extended-care residential program can be most beneficial. Having the opportunity to work through all the Steps in a structured supportive environment lays the fundamental foundation for long term recovery.
At BRC Recovery residents will experience a completely different and effective addiction recovery process. This is an overview of how the 12 Steps are worked during your 90-day residential stay:
In the first month of your residential stay, you will experience and work through Steps 1 to 3
In the second month of your stay you will experience and work through Steps 4 – 9.
You will experience and work through the final three Steps – 10, 11 and 12.
Working through the 12 Steps in this manner is a spiritual experience which provides the greatest likelihood of permanent sobriety.
Our staff is very knowledgeable of 12 Step recovery and have all personally worked through this program several times, thus providing them with the unique asset of helping you with your recovery. You will be exposed to daily meetings seven days a week so are never left alone to cope with your addictions. This system of regular meetings helps you to build strong relationships and bonds so that you always feel supported.
We believe that 12 Step recovery is essential for lifelong recovery from the disease of alcoholism and drug addiction. Combined with a systematic and structured continuum of care, life skills, fitness and good nutrition, residents at BRC Recovery Recovery Center get a solid foundation spread out over 15 months….90 days of residential recovery followed by an optional 12 months of sober living and aftercare monitoring.
In addition to working all of the Steps with their mentor, residents will be taught numerous life skills and practices crucial to their recovery, including: money, career, goal setting, organizational skills, nutrition, physical fitness, meditation, impulse control, communication skills, giving back to the community and their families, and spiritual laws which impact how they have been living their lives.
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The recovery program at BRC Recovery is a wise choice for any addict or alcoholic, regardless of your drug of choice. Even if you or your loved one have previously attended alcohol addiction treatment or other drug rehabilitation programs, coming to BRC Recovery is a powerful, life-changing experience. Our proof is hundreds of alumni who are leading happy healthy sober lives today as a result of our program. For more information about how our alcohol rehab or drug rehab program can help you, visit our admissions page or call (866) 905-4550.
“Our residents will start living their lives internally, instead of in front of their eyes.” -Mark Houston