Opioid medications such as morphine, oxycodone, and hydrocodone are very effective in treating mild to severe pain caused by an accident, surgery, or a medical condition. Opioids are a central nervous system depressant that can cause intense euphoria if you take more than prescribed and can lead some individuals to try harder opioids, such as fentanyl or heroin. An opioid addiction treatment center offers help to those who are ready to stop abusing their pain medication or illegal opioids before the abuse causes significant physical and psychological harm.
At BRC Healthcare, we support men and women who are ready to stop letting their addiction control their lives. Our team has experience treating all types of addictions and the reasons that started the abuse. Clients work with a behavioral therapist in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to ease withdrawals and cravings that can disrupt the healing process. If you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing opioids, call 888.559.2036 today for more information about our substance abuse treatment in Austin, TX.
How Does Opioid Addiction Treatment Work?
An opioid addiction treatment program uses a combination of various therapies and treatments that addresses the physical and mental aspects of addiction. Addiction is a complex mental health disorder to treat, and it takes a deep understanding of the person’s unique background and family history to form an effective treatment program.
Programs focus on the internal thinking that can trigger cravings and temptations (addiction) while easing physical symptoms that are common with withdrawals (dependence). The most common withdrawal symptoms that individuals can experience include:
- Intense drug cravings
- Muscle and joint pain
- Nause and vomiting
- High heart rate
Short-acting opioids will produce withdrawal symptoms that can begin within 8-12 hours and typically peak after 72 hours. Longer-lasting opioids such as methadone can take up to 36 hours before withdrawals occur and can continue for two weeks or longer.
At BRC Healthcare, our opioid addiction treatment in Austin, TX, supports all Texans who are abusing opioids and need help getting control of their lives. Each program combines behavioral and holistic therapies along with medication-assisted treatments that promote healthy living and lifelong sobriety.
The Benefits of an Opioid Rehab Program
When individuals enroll in an opioid rehab program, they begin working with an experienced therapist who knows what is required to get people to open up and face their demons. This program is very beneficial to the recovery process and greatly reduces the risk of relapse and overdose. Some additional benefits of opioid addiction treatment include:
- A safer recovery experience with medical support to ease withdrawals, cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms that may be fueling the addiction
- Discover how their thoughts and emotions are dictating their behaviors and forcing them to continue the abuse, even if they have a strong desire to quit
- Learn how to focus on the issues behind the abuse and develop new coping strategies for managing their symptoms and triggers
- See how peers are coping with their addiction during group discussions
- Practice coping and communication skills with peers in a safe and supervised environment while building strong relationships with them
- Rebuild trust and broken relationships with parents, siblings, spouses, and children
- Develop healthy life skills that promote long-lasting recovery and a healthy state of mind
An opioid rehab program is a safer alternative when compared to trying to quit opioids without proper support. Trying to detox alone will only lead to significant pain and discomfort and powerful cravings that lead many to relapse within a few days.
Enroll in Substance Abuse Treatment in Austin, TX, at BRC Healthcare
Enrolling in opioid addiction treatment in Austin, TX, is essential for those who are unable to control their substance abuse and are causing major disruptions in their lives. At BRC Healthcare, our inclusive, gender-specific treatment programs use the latest in addiction treatment to give our clients the best chances of maintaining long-lasting recovery. Some of the therapies that are available include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Nutrition education
- Spiritual coaching
- Family therapy