Prescription drug addiction is a growing problem. It’s easy to assume that prescribed medications are safe and that they can’t lead to addiction. But, the reality is that prescription drugs can be just as addictive, if not more so, than some illicit substances. If you or someone you love is struggling with prescription drug addiction, BRC Healthcare provides a specialized treatment program to help break the cycle of addiction and build a life in recovery.
Reach out to our team at 888.559.2036 or connect with us online today to learn more about our Austin, TX substance abuse treatment center.
Commonly Misused Prescription Medications
Prescription drug addiction can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. While there are many medications that can be abused, some of the most commonly misused prescription drugs include:
- Opioids – Commonly prescribed for pain relief, opioids are highly addictive drugs that can lead to physical and psychological dependence. OxyContin, Percocet, and Vicodin are some of the most commonly abused opioids.
- Stimulants – Stimulant drugs increase alertness, energy, and focus by increasing the levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. Commonly misused stimulants include Adderall, Ritalin, and Concerta.
- Benzodiazepines – Benzodiazepines are often prescribed for anxiety, insomnia, and seizures. These medications are highly addictive and can lead to physical dependence. Commonly misused benzodiazepines include Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction to any of these medications, BRC Healthcare’s prescription drug rehab program can help.
Signs You’d Benefit from Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
It can be difficult for individuals with prescription drug addiction to recognize that they have a problem. Many people with this addiction believe that they are still in control of their drug use, even when the evidence suggests otherwise. However, there are some signs that you or a loved one may benefit from prescription drug addiction treatment. These signs include:
- Inability to function normally without the drug
- Continued use of the drug, even when the negative consequences are obvious
- Using prescription drugs to cope with emotional or psychological issues
- Cravings or withdrawal symptoms when you stop using the drug.
Reaching out for help takes courage and strength. At BRC Healthcare, our compassionate team of addiction specialists is here to offer you the treatment and resources necessary to help you break free from addiction and start living the life you deserve.
What to Expect in Our Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Program
At BRC Healthcare, we offer a personalized prescription drug addiction treatment program that provides clients with the care and support they need to overcome addiction. Our treatment program includes a combination of individual and group therapy sessions, including evidence-based approaches like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). In the initial stages of treatment, our experts conduct a comprehensive assessment to determine the most successful treatment methods. Our goal is to provide our clients with the tools they need to manage the emotional and physical aspects of their addiction. Preventing relapse, rebuilding relationships, and restoring a healthy lifestyle are all part of the process.
Reach Out to BRC Healthcare Today
At BRC Healthcare, we know that prescription drug addiction treatment is a challenging process that needs expert support. That’s why our team of professionals is here to provide you with evidence-based approaches to help you overcome this addiction. In our supportive treatment center, you’ll connect with an experienced team of counselors, therapists, and physicians who are committed to providing you with the highest quality care as well as your peers who understand the struggles of prescription drug addiction.
Don’t wait any longer to get the help you need. Reach out to BRC Healthcare today by calling 888.559.2036 or by connecting with our team online.