While in addiction treatment programs at BRC Recovery and Makana Path, our clients spend time engaged in the 12-step program made popular by Alcoholics Anonymous. Working through the steps gradually helps our clients establish a strong foundation in sobriety and understand behavioral patterns that have not worked for them in the past. With 12-step intensive treatment, our clients can better understand their path forward in recovery.
At BRC Healthcare, we know that when 12-step intensive treatment is combined with healthy eating, exercise, customized clinical approaches, neurofeedback, family counseling, and medication management, it can lead to a better outcome in the recovery process. All of our centers in Austin, TX promote whole-person healing, and 12-step recovery is a building block of our individualized treatment plans. Find out how one of our comprehensive addiction treatment programs can help you or a loved one get and stay sober for life by calling 888.559.2036 today.
Learning the 12 Steps to Recovery
Many members of our staff have personally worked through the 12 steps. Their personal experience approach offers unique, first-hand perspectives that other treatment centers may not have. The 12-step intensive treatment program is designed to complement the other therapies at Makana Path, BRC Recovery Center, and Segue Recovery.
The 12 steps of recovery are beneficial because:
- They provide a framework for recovery by helping individuals to recognize the need for change and accept responsibility for their lives.
- They offer a step-by-step approach that allows individuals to make progress without feeling overwhelmed.
- They help individuals to build upon their successes, learn from their mistakes, and stay focused on achieving long-term sobriety.
- They provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals to share their struggles with others in recovery.
- They encourage individuals to take ownership of their own recovery and develop the skills necessary to build a successful life in sobriety.
The 12 steps are not a one-size-fits-all solution, but they offer support, comfort, and direction to individuals who are ready to make the commitment to recovery
12-Step Intensive Rehab at BRC Healthcare
The BRC Healthcare family of programs isn’t like traditional treatment programs. Although our program is primarily driven by clinical therapy, you or your loved one can participate in community support opportunities as part of our 12-step intensive treatment program.
While 12-step healing is an important part of how we promote recovery, we recognize that it does not resonate with everyone. To make the 12-step intensive program more individualized, we incorporate a few key features:
- Practical educational sessions teach you or your loved one how to incorporate 12-step principles into daily life.
- Integration of the 12-steps into progress made in clinical therapy sessions to reinforce and support clinical insights.
- Application of 12-step teachings in ways anyone can relate to and derive meaning from, regardless of personal spiritual beliefs and background.
Just like our other treatment methods, our 12-step intensive treatment program is individualized for everyone who walks through our doors.
Start Healing at BRC Healthcare Today
At BRC Healthcare, we understand that the 12 steps of recovery can seem overwhelming. We provide a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment programs with our individualized 12-step intensive treatment program featuring practical educational sessions and opportunities for family participation.
If you or a loved one is misusing alcohol or substances, there’s no better time to find help than now. Discover how personalized addiction treatment can help by calling 888.559.2036 or completing our simple online form.