Addiction is a complex mental health disorder that is treatable through a combination of various therapies and treatment programs. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides treatment for individuals whose symptoms are not severe enough for residential treatment and who can abstain from drugs or alcohol with minimal supervision. Outpatient programs support recovery efforts while individuals live at home or in a sober living environment until they have the confidence to maintain their sobriety.
At BRC Healthcare, we work with people from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, heroin, meth, or other dangerous substances. We offer residential and outpatient treatment programs that combine various behavioral therapies along with medication to ease withdrawal symptoms. Those who begin recovery in residential treatment will graduate to outpatient treatment programs to ease the transition back to their regular lives. To learn more about our addiction treatment center in Austin, TX, call 888.559.2036 today to speak with our compassionate team.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?An intensive outpatient program is an effective and necessary step in the recovery process. Relapse rates are extremely high during the first year after completing addiction treatment, and an outpatient program can greatly reduce this risk. During IOP, clients continue working with a therapist for up to three hours per day for three to five days per week, which can last for three to six months. In severe cases of addiction, outpatient therapy can last for a year or for as long as necessary for individuals to maintain sobriety. To qualify for an IOP rehab program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- This is the first time enrolling in a treatment plan to treat the addiction
- Able to abstain from drugs or alcohol with minimal supervision
- Can commit to attending regularly scheduled therapy sessions for several weeks to months
- Experiencing mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms
- Have a strong desire to quit and live a healthy lifestyle
The Benefits of an IOP Rehab Program
Enrolling in an IOP rehab program provides many physical and psychological benefits for those who are working toward their recovery goals. It promotes life-long sobriety and other healthy life skills, along with a better understanding of the dangers of addiction and how it affects your mind and body. Here are some of the benefits of an intensive outpatient program:
- Offers a more flexible recovery experience where individuals can continue working, going to school, caring for their families, and other responsibilities
- Is more cost-effective than a residential treatment program
- Continues providing a structured environment, which is very important for the recovery process
- Teaches healthy new coping skills and provides individuals a way to practice them with their peers in a safe environment
- Helps to develop supportive relationships with their peers
- Teaches other new skills, such as nutrition education, mindfulness and meditation, yoga and exercise, and other beneficial life skills
An intensive outpatient program gives people a better chance at reaching their recovery goals safely and with fewer chances of relapse. Individuals can continue with their therapy for as long as necessary to feel confident in leading a sober life.
A Trusted Intensive Outpatient Program at BRC Healthcare
BRC Healthcare is a full-service addiction treatment facility that offers an intensive outpatient program in Austin, TX, for those who are ready to stop letting addiction control their lives. Our accredited treatment center provides a full range of treatments and therapies that include residential and outpatient treatment options, along with cognitive-behavioral therapy and other types of behavioral therapies.